If Life is a Game
If Life is a game-
These are the rules!
TEN RULES FOR BEING HUMAN
1.You will receive a body. Do you treat yours with kindness and care? do you speak encouraging words or hateful words to it? Our bodies do respond to our attitudes toward it.
2.You will be presented with lessons. I don’t necessarily feel that God tests us. I believe that he helps to maneuver us through life’s situations so that we will arrive at a new destination.
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons
4. lessons are repeated until learned. Step back from your situation as if it someone’s else’s. what advice would you give that person? What would you suggest that they do differently to seek better results or would you give to that person? Detach yourself from the emotion of the situation and you will transcend your circumstances. Change your attitude and you will change your life. Will you be challenged with the same lesson again and again? Yes, you will. But it won’t be a challenge because you have already learned from the last one. You immediately know how to respond. So, with a snap of your finger, you do so and go on. You might even recognize that it was a lesson because your response came with such ease. Isn’t that what getting to the next place is all about?
5. Learning does not end. We all attend Seminar, Retreats, Leadership and Career Conferences over and over again. But we should be showing up each year at a new place of growth. If we get bored maybe it is because we are not gaining growth. We don’t all show up at Leadership the same. Some Directors have great celebration in their soul. While others come with heavy heart. God speaks through others. Show up and expect revelations. They are only guaranteed to those who seek them, are open to them and are listening vessels.
6. “There” is no better then “Here.” Keep working and challenging yourself to learn. God does not grant us “there” as a better place. Because wherever we go, we show up. Meaning if you are lugging a bag of non-forgiveness, grudges and low self-esteem, then when you reach your destination, all the trappings of success do not make “there” better than “here”. Make your “here” the most enjoyable, exciting, wonderful place to be. When you get to you “there” the true celebration will be the person that you have become -not the “there” that you have arrived at.
7. Others are only mirrors of you. Is what we see in others that we don’t like, a mirror to what we don’t like in ourselves?
8. What you make of your life is up to you!
9. All answers lie inside of you. Be still-he is speaking to you!
10. You will forget all of this at birth. we know all we need to know to be a healthy mindset and self-actuated person. We were born with this knowledge. Every time we experience an ah-haw, now I get it revelation- it is because we already knew it. But it took a life lesson for us to adapt it into our consciousness. So, see he has already prepared us.
Adapted from the book “if this is life, these are the rules” by Charles Scott, PhD.